This Mac and Cheese Quesadilla Recipe has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
If a normal quesadilla isn’t cheesy enough for you, I’ve got a cheesier option: a Mac and Cheese Quesadilla!
I love Macaroni and Cheese! I prefer the Kraft blue box mac and cheese when I’m nursing a hangover or when I simply have no time to make baked macaroni and cheese, but if I’m standing upright and have the time, I love to make macaroni and cheese from scratch.
I’ve shared my homemade mac and cheese recipe before, but I’ve updated it and made it even better! And today I’m taking it a bit further and showing how you can make Mac and Cheese Quesadillas! They are perfect for using leftover baked macaroni and cheese from the previous night’s dinner and making it into a new meal, or great when hosting a party or tailgating!
My fall schedule is already filling up. Between work, family, friends and get-togethers (like the county fair, apple picking, football and hockey games) I have zero time to plan dinner. But I always keep the ingredients for Macaroni and Cheese in the house just in case I need to quickly whip up a dish. Plus, it can serve several people and it’s a comfort food, so I love having it when the sun starts setting earlier and the nights get a bit cooler! And making it into a quesadilla is really super simple! But first you have to make the baked macaroni and cheese and I’ve got my ingredients and recipe for you right here:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups Kraft Natural Shreds sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound large elbow macaroni
- 8-10 slices of Kraft Natural Cheddar Cheese Chunk, sliced
- flour tortillas
- green onions
- optional add-ins: bacon, tomatos, cayenne pepper, bell peppers, jalapeños, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook your elbow macaroni on the stove for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- While the macaroni is boiling, start your roux by melting the 3 T butter with 3 T flour in a pan over medium heat on the stove. Whisk together.
- Then add your 2 cups milk and continue to whisk until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Next, add 3 cups of Kraft Natural Cheese shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture and stir to combine.
- When the macaroni is done cooking, drain the water, and then combine with the cheese sauce.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of Kraft Natural Cheese shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Then take a flour tortilla and place it in a pan, adding sliced Kraft cheddar cheese chunk on top of it.
- Once the mac and cheese is done baking, add a couple of large spoonfuls on top of the sliced cheese, add some green onions, and cover with a second flour tortilla.
- Brown on both sides until crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Once the macaroni and cheese has baked, you simply place your bottom tortilla in a pan, slice some extra cheese, spoon a few spoonfuls of macaroni and cheese on top of your sliced cheese, and add the top tortilla. By heating on the stove over medium heat, your tortilla will brown and get crispy and your cheese will melt and combine with the macaroni and cheese! Plus, some of the mac and cheese will spill out and get extra crispy! So good!
What’s your favorite cheesy recipe? Let me know in the comments!