The Miami Vice Cocktail Recipe is 50% Piña Colada, 50% Strawberry Daquiri, and I think it’s 110% delicious! It is my go-to drink at tiki bars and on vacation. It’s very similar to a Lava Flow or a Chi-Chi! And I’m sharing the recipe so you can make it at home!
Miami Vice Cocktail Recipe
Have you heard of a Miami Vice Cocktail? I first had one on the beach in Curacao at the resort where we were staying on our honeymoon. The resort’s beach had bar service and when I asked the waiter to bring us something beachy and refreshing, he recommended the Miami Vice. I was sold!
With two newborn babies at home, it’s unlikely that we’ll be going to a beach anytime soon, so I figured I might as well bring the beach to us! This drink is super easy to make using store-bought Piña Colada and Strawberry Daquiri drink mixes. Like I said, two newborn babies at home. Ha! But, you can fancy those pre-made drink mixers up by adding some fresh pineapple and strawberries to the blender when mixing. Or you can make your own mixers – but you’ll have to figure that out on another blog because this mama ain’t got time for that right now!
I use my Ninja blender for all my blended cocktails! I can’t say enough good things about the blender! It’s not super cheap, but it won’t fall apart like some $20-30 brands (looking at you, Hamilton Beach). It also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg (like a Vitamix.) So, if you’re in need of a new blender, I definitely recommend it!
My only tip is that even though the pitcher says it’s dishwasher safe, be sure to hand wash it. Our first one cracked in the dishwasher, but our replacement pitcher has been going strong for 3-4 years now.
Here’s the gist of the recipe, yours may differ based on your pina colada or daiquiri mixer.
- 3 oz white rum
- 10 oz pina colada mix
- 2-3 cups ice
- 2 oz white rum
- 8 oz strawberry daquiri mix
- 2-3 cups ice
- 1 cup strawberries
- pineapple leaves, slices, and strawberries as garnish
- In a blender, mix together 3 oz white rum, 10 oz pina colada mix, and 2-3 cups of ice. (Start with 2 and see if it needs more or if it's too thin). Pour into a pitcher.
- In the blender, then add 2 oz white rum, 8 oz strawberry daquiri mix, 1 cup of strawberries, 2-3 cups of ice. (Start with 2 and see if it needs more or if it's too thin.)
- Pour a bit of the strawberry daquiri mixture into a glass, then pour your pina colada mix, and finish with more strawberry daquiri.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple, some pineapple leaves, and a strawberry!
Looking for more cocktail recipes?