If you LOVE Cadbury Mini Eggs and chocolate chip cookies, then you will love this recipe for Cadbury Mini Egg Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies! It’s basically the best chocolate chip cookie recipe with Cadbury Mini Eggs added in. What could be better?
I decided to make these as an excuse to buy more Cadbury Mini Eggs. When my husband said, “Really? You’re buying another bag?” I replied, “Yes, one bag is for me and one bag is for baking.” So then, I had to figure out what to do with the “baking bag” and well, chocolate chip cookies were perfect idea! They are so good! I mean, chocolate chip cookies are delicious, Cadbury Mini Eggs are delicious, so it’s just obvious that Cadbury Mini Egg Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies are going to be delicious, too!
Cadbury Mini Egg Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
You’ll need a few ingredients to make these from scratch, or you can just use frozen cookie dough and add some crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs to the dough. Your choice. I don’t judge store-bought! But I will say that my mom’s chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect and it’s what I used to make these cookies, so I highly recommend the “from scratch” version.
- baking soda
- butter or shortening
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- milk chocolate chips
- Cadbury Mini Eggs
I crushed my Cadbury Mini Eggs into little bits by putting them into a ziplock bag and rolling over them with my rolling pin. But a hammer works, too! Just be careful not to chip your countertop!
After mixing the cookie dough, I folded bits and pieces of the crushed Cadbury Mini Eggs into the dough, but I saved just enough to also place some of the bigger Mini Eggs on top of the cookies before baking just to make the cookies a bit more colorful.
And here they are! Seriously. They are so good! If you can manage not to eat the Cadbury Mini Eggs before you can bake them into cookies, then I highly recommend it!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened or 1.5 sticks of shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, and salt mixture.
- Chop or break Mini Eggs.
- Stir chocolate chips and Mini Eggs into dough.
- Chill dough for 15 minutes in fridge.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets (I recommend parchment paper).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until golden brown. Cook on baking sheets for 2 minutes, and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.