Good morning! Have you had your morning cup of coffee yet? We like to joke that my husband likes a bit of coffee with his creamer! I guess it’s more like a morning cup of creamer! We both work at home, and sometimes in the afternoon we make a second pot of coffee, but with the days warming up, it’s nice to have a cool treat with a bit of a pick me up, so I’m sharing the recipe for these yummy Coffee Popsicles!
They are SO good! I wanted them to taste like coffee ice cream on a stick, so I used plenty of creamer. Here’s the recipe. I made it for the popsicle mold shown above, so if you have something different, you may have more or leftover coffee mixture.
Coffee Popsicles / Salty Canary
- 2 1/2 cups coffee
- 1 cup Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine all three ingredients in a bowl or saucepan with a spout for easy pouring and mix together until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the coffee mixture into the popsicle mold. Leave about ¼" space at the top in case the popsicle expands.
- Insert your popsicle sticks.
- The popsicles will take 4-8 hours to fully freeze.
- To remove the popsicles, immerse the popsicle mold in hot water for 10-15 seconds and then pull them straight out.
- Enjoy the popsicles right away or store in an airtight freezer bag for up to 1 week.
If you want, you can add some espresso powder or cacao nibs at the base of the popsicles. And you can make stripes or creamer tips. I know it seems strange to add more sugar to the creamer, but as the popsicles freeze, they tend to lose their sweetness.
Sunday 21st of May 2017
Where did you get the popsicle molds?