Good morning! Have you had your morning cup of coffee yet? We like to joke that my husband likes a bit of coffee with his creamer! I guess it’s more like a morning cup of creamer! We both work at home, and sometimes in the afternoon we make a second pot of coffee, but with the days warming up, it’s nice to have a cool treat with a bit of a pick me up, so I’m sharing the recipe for these yummy Coffee Popsicles!
They are SO good! I wanted them to taste like coffee ice cream on a stick, so I used plenty of creamer. Here’s the recipe. I made it for the popsicle mold shown above, so if you have something different, you may have more or leftover coffee mixture.
- 2 1/2 cups coffee
- 1 cup Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine all three ingredients in a bowl or saucepan with a spout for easy pouring and mix together until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the coffee mixture into the popsicle mold. Leave about ¼" space at the top in case the popsicle expands.
- Insert your popsicle sticks.
- The popsicles will take 4-8 hours to fully freeze.
- To remove the popsicles, immerse the popsicle mold in hot water for 10-15 seconds and then pull them straight out.
- Enjoy the popsicles right away or store in an airtight freezer bag for up to 1 week.
If you want, you can add some espresso powder or cacao nibs at the base of the popsicles. And you can make stripes or creamer tips. I know it seems strange to add more sugar to the creamer, but as the popsicles freeze, they tend to lose their sweetness.