Alright, I am a late bloomer when it comes to Cookie Butter. I had heard about it a few years ago, but everyone talked about how good it was like how I talk about Mini Eggs (which I have already spotted at Target!!!) and I just did NOT need another addition. But I’ve since caved … I had to look up cookie butter for a bit of definition and history and here’s what I learned: Cookie Butter was invented by the Belgians! It’s basically spreadable Speculoos cookies which are classic Belgian cookies that Trader Joe’s describes as as having a “great crunch, and a slightly caramelized, almost-but-not-quite-gingerbread flavor.” I totally thought “Speculoos” was the inventor/manufacturer. Like some old man who made heirloom eyeglasses, but also invented cookie butter. Guess I was wrong! So yeah, that means we’re making a milkshake that tastes slightly caramelized with an almost-but-not-quite-gingerbread flavor, that also contains cookie butter on top, and crushed Speculoos on the rim. Oh, and of course, whipped cream and more Speculoos on top! I had never tried cookie butter before making this milkshake. My thoughts? Like eating a creamier version of the dough of some sugar and spice cookies my mom makes for Christmas … but I’m not gonna lie, I like eating the cookie dough more.
Here’s the recipe so you can make these Cookie Butter Milkshakes for yourself this weekend!
And here’s my Friday Five round-up:.
My Friday Five:
- I love that sweatshirts are (maybe) stylish again. I love a good sweatshirt. Here’s a roundup of 12!
- I’m attending the Alt Summit conference next week in Salt Lake City, and I’m looking for some new places to check out in this Salt Lake City Guide.
- These amazing free popcorn printable snack boxes!
- And this Clay “Bone” Necklace! You wouldn’t even know it’s DIY!
- This DIY pom pom market tote! I MUST try my hand at this DIY, love it!
What about you? Have you tried Speculoos Cookie Butter? Do you LOVE it or like it? I like it. I guess it beats getting salmonella from cookie dough. If you don’t like it, don’t worry, because I’ll have another Cookie Milkshake for you next Friday. Or try last Friday’s Circus Cookie Milkshake!