I am dying for a vacation! But it isn’t in the plans just yet … so if I can’t go to the islands, I’ll just have to bring the islands to me with this DIY Piña Colada Sugar Scrub. It seriously smells so good! Plus my skin has been feeling the effects of the A/C that we’ve been running lately and the coconut oil in this Piña Colada Sugar Scrub definitely helps to restore some moisture to my skin.
And, if you’re cutting up some pineapple for a summer snack, just set a bit aside to puree into this sugar scrub, it doesn’t take much, just a quarter of a slice. The full printable recipe is below, but you’ll need the following ingredients:
Shredded coconut (unsweetened)
Tea tree oil
Ground turmeric (for color)
This DIY Piña Colada Sugar Scrub recipe fills up one pint-sized Mason jar, so if you’re feeling generous, fill two half-pint jars instead and give one to your friend or neighbor.
DIY Piña Colada Sugar Scrub
If you can't go to the islands on vacation, bring the islands to you with this DIY Piña Colada Sugar Scrub.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup pineapple, pureed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 drop tea tree oil
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric for color
- Start by pureeing your pineapple in a blender or food processor along with your shredded coconut flakes
- Then combine your pureed pineapple/coconut flakes with the coconut oil, sugar, a drop of tea tree oil (a little goes a LONG way), and some ground turmeric (for color) in your stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment.
- Use in the shower and enjoy your soft skin!
- Keep refrigerated between use.