These Freezer Friendly Meal Prep Breakfast Tacos are one of my go-to meals when I need something quick, delicious and filling! I meal prep these Breakfast Tacos about once a month and keep them on hand in the freezer for whenever I need a fast breakfast, lunch or dinner! This recipe makes between 32-38 breakfast tacos and while it’s a bit of work upfront the time is worth it because they’re so damn good!
Freezer Friendly, Meal Prep Breakfast Tacos
These delicious breakfast tacos are great for any time of the day, not just at breakfast! And I think they’re perfect for meal prepping because they’re freezer friendly and reheat within 10 minutes! You can eat a couple when you make them and the others can then be reheated later for a filling lunch or even dinner!
I like to make my Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Tacos with scrambled eggs, bacon, home potatoes, roasted tomatoes, cheese, and cilantro. I top them with salsa if I’m eating them right away or if meal prepping I make them without salsa (so they don’t get soggy) and then top them with salsa after reheating!
But of course, you can make them your own and add whatever ingredients you like!
I was never a big “freezer meal” maker before we had kids but now with three under three running around, freezer meals save my sanity! By doing some meal prep and freezing several batched meals in advance, I’m less likely to order takeout as an “easy” meal for lunch or dinner.
I’m not going to lie to you and say these are fast to meal prep. I like to make them over two days. I cook and dice the bacon, roast the tomatoes, cook the home potatoes, and shred the cheese on day one. And the next day I mince the cilantro, char the tortillas, and cook the eggs before assembling all the tacos.
But they do make between 32-38 breakfast tacos and they’re easy to freeze for a fast meal on another day, so for me it’s worth doing all the work upfront for several meals.
As I mentioned, my Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Tacos are filled with scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, home potatoes, roasted tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and topped with cilantro and salsa!
But of course, you can also make these breakfast tacos your own by adding additional toppings such as:
- black beans
- jalapeño peppers
- Monterey Jack cheese
The full, printable recipe is below, but I’m going to go over the ingredients and how to meal prep these breakfast tacos along with some tips and tricks.
Breakfast Taco Ingredients:
- Corn tortillas
- Home potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- Grape tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Cheddar cheese
Recommended Kitchen Equipment:
- GreenPan Paris pans and skillets
- Silicone Tongs
- Silicone spatula
- Baking sheet
- Cheese Grater
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting board – I have 4 of these cutting boards! I love them!
- Freezer Bags – I have 8 of these freezer bags! I love them!
I really like my GreenPan Paris fry pans and skillets. I recently switched to ceramic pans and I’ve been really happy with this brand. I started out with an inexpensive ceramic pan from a box store, just to see if I would like it, and I did, but it was ruined in about 2-3 months. However, my GreenPan Paris ceramic non-stick frying pans have been great! I’ve had them for about 6 months now and they still look brand new.
I did get rid of ALL my metal spatulas, whisks, kitchen utensils and replaced them with silicone utensils when I got these new pans so no one else would accidentally use any metal utensils on my new GreenPan pans and ruin them. My husband still complains about this, but I just point out that these pans were a small investment and I wasn’t taking any chances.
How to Make Meal Prep Breakfast Tacos:
Since I’m meal prepping my breakfast tacos in a large batch, I’ll take the extra time to make them taste great by charring the tortillas and roasting the tomatoes but of course, those steps are not necessary.
Because I’m using the stovetop to cook the potatoes, char the tortillas, and scramble the eggs, I like to cook my bacon in the oven. It only takes about 15-20 minutes, there’s no splatter to clean up, and there’s less risk of setting off the smoke alarm in my house (which always happens when my husband cooks the bacon on the stovetop).
I like to cook the bacon to make it crispy—but not too crispy if I’m making them into freezer tacos because I know the bacon will crisp up more in the microwave and oven when I reheat them. And I like my bacon extra crispy! So, if you’re making these as freezer tacos and you like your bacon crispy (not extra crispy), cook the bacon to just under crispy as it will crisp more when reheating.
When prepping these Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Tacos for the freezer, be sure to make the scrambled eggs smaller and uniform in size so you’re not trying to defrost a huge hunk of egg in the microwave.
Looking for more freezer friendly or meal prep recipes?
- Freezer Friendly Chicken Taquitos
- Freezer Friendly Blueberry Banana Oatmeal
- Freezer Friendly Hard Boiled Egg Quesadillas
How to Freeze Breakfast Tacos:
As you fill each taco, try to make them flat as possible so you can fold them in half for storage.
I like to store mine in reusable freezer bags so we’re not using any single-use plastics or bulky plastic food storage containers.
I really like these reusable freezer storage bags – I currently have 8 of them and none of them have torn, ripped, or grown mold in the year since I’ve started using them.
You can store 16 breakfast tacos in one of these reusable freezer storage bags. This photo is from my early days of meal-prepping my breakfast tacos. Now I line 8 down one side and 8 down the other.
How to Reheat Breakfast Tacos:
To reheat, simply place your breakfast tacos on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and open up each taco, use a fork to move the filling around, and microwave for another 30 seconds on high. Remove and place on a baking sheet for 5 minutes at 375 degrees F.
I like to serve mine with red salsa on top because even though I’ve perfected this recipe to make these breakfast tacos as moist and flavorful as possible, they still need a little more and some salsa in every bite is perfect!
Delicious! Seriously, they are so good!
Here’s the full, printable recipe:
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- 1/2 package frozen home potatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 grape tomatoes, roasted
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- LA VICTORIA® Thick’N Chunky Medium Salsa
- optional extras: avocado, black beans, jalapeño peppers, lime juice
1. First, cook your bacon in the oven. Preheat to 375 F and lay each strip of bacon onto a foil-wrapped baking sheet, making sure the strips do not touch. Bake for 15 minutes, flip each strip, then bake another 5 minutes.
2. While the bacon is baking, start cooking the frozen home potatoes according to the manufacturer's instructions with 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried rosemary until they reach your desired crispness and color.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, shred the cheddar cheese and chop the cilantro.
4. Prep the tomatoes for roasting. Slice each grape tomato in half. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast on a foil-lined baking sheet at 450 F for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway.
5. Char the corn tortillas by placing a tortilla over the gas flame on the stovetop for about 15-30 seconds until charred, then flip.
6. Last, scramble your eggs. Whisk the eggs together with the milk and some salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a pan and place on the stove on high. When the butter starts to bubble, add the scrambled egg mixture to the middle of the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Use a spatula to continue whisking the eggs until they begin to curdle then, use the spatula to flip the eggs over. Keep flipping until all the eggs are cooked.
7. To fill the tacos, take a charred corn tortilla, fill with two spoonfuls of home potatoes, two spoonfuls of scrambled eggs, a half slice of bacon, and 2-3 tomatoes. Top with a handful of cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of cilantro. Fold in half and place into freezer bag.
8. To reheat, remove from freezer bag and place onto plate. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, unfold taco, mix filling with a fork. Microwave again for 30 seconds. Top with additional cheese if wanted. Microwave for 20 seconds. Make sure everything is heated consistently. Top with LA VICTORIA® Salsa Thick’N Chunky Medium and enjoy!
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you would like to share this recipe please do not list the instructions, but instead link directly back to this post. Thank you.
Looking for more freezer friendly meal prep inspiration?