Looking for a great addition to your brunch menu? These Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches are loaded with ham, cheese, veggies, and topped with thyme! And did I mention they are delicious and adorable? My husband and I have been really busy with work and renovations on our new Big Blue House and with the changing of the season, I would love to be a bit more mindful and be able to slow down and enjoy more time with friends and family. One way we like to see friends and family is by hosting Sunday brunch at our house – the one we’re currently living in, not the one under construction because I’m not serving brunch with a side of dust! But, these mini individual ham and cheese quiches will be a great addition to my regular brunch menus! With back to school this last month, I’m sure you have some sandwich meats and cheeses in your refrigerator and if you don’t happen to use up all of your sliced ham and cheddar cheese during the week, think beyond the sandwich, and simply pile up and dice up the slices and add them to these quiches! Ready for the recipe? You’ll need a few ingredients:These quiches can be served for breakfast, brunch, or even for dinner! You can make individual mini quiches or one big quiche and serve alongside a salad. Also, you can use whichever veggies you like! I used a red bell pepper, but if you want something hotter, try a red jalapeño pepper! Or add mushrooms! Or broccoli florets!
Mini Individual Ham and Cheese Quiches
- 2 rolls pie crusts (1 package)
- 1/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 1/8 cup green onions, diced
- 1/8 cup purple onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp flour
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out your pie crust and divide each roll into 4 sections. (8 total)
- Grease your mini quiche pan and press a section of pie crust onto the bottom and into the sides of the pans, trimming the excess off the top.
- Cover each pan loosely in foil and bake for 5 minutes before removing the foil and making for an additional 3-4 minutes or until pie crust is baked/dry.
- While pie crusts bake, mix together your ham, cheese, green onions, purple onions, red bell pepper, flour, and seasonings in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your eggs and milk.
- Then top each quiche with a couple spoonfuls of ham/cheese mix before pouring the egg/milk mixture over the tops.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Top with a sprig of fresh thyme. Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite brunch recipes? Let me know in a comment below! I love trying new recipes!
Saturday 1st of October 2016
These look amazing. Do you think you can freeze them once baked?
Sunday 16th of October 2016
Thanks, Charlie! I would definitely try it! If you do, please report back and let me know how they turned out!
Saturday 1st of October 2016
And they are so easy to make! When I make them next time, I'm going to use a hash brown crust to make it even easier! Let me know how you and the hubby like them!