I’m back with another freezer-friendly meal prep recipe! I know meatballs aren’t as much fun as milkshakes or tacos, but they’re super easy to meal prep, they store really well in the freezer, and they’re great to use in quick and easy family meals such as spaghetti or meatball sub sandwiches! They’re also great for toddler meals! Keep reading below for my Freezer-Friendly Meatball Recipe!
I think I wrote this in another one of my Freezer Friendly recipe posts, but before I had kids I didn’t really do freezer meal prep. I thought that freezer friendly meal prep meant making casseroles and slow cooker chicken which I wasn’t really into. However, when the kiddos came along and started eating solids, I had to really up my meal prep game in order to maximize my time. When I wanted to introduce them to beef, I knew we weren’t going to eat an entire pound of beef in one week, so I went with meatballs because I knew they would freeze well and I could use them in other recipes for adult meals, too!
I use both beef and pork in my meatballs, but you could definitely just make them out of beef if you prefer or introduce a third meat of choice and really make them gourmet!
To make these Freezer Friendly Meatballs, you’ll need a few ingredients:
My least favorite part is touching the meat and smushing it all together, but the things you do once you have kids, right?
And, when I cook the meatballs in the oven, I cook them in beef broth to keep them juicy and give them some extra flavor!
Once they’re done cooking, I transfer the meatballs to a clean baking sheet covered in parchment paper and pop them in the freezer for an hour. Once they’ve started to freeze, I can then transfer them to a reusable freezer safe bag.
What’s your go-to recipe using meatballs? Is it spaghetti? A meatball sub? Let me know in a comment!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 carton or can of beef broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients (except for the beef broth) together with your hands until combined.
- Roll meat mixture into 40 meatballs (size is approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons each.)
- Place meatballs onto 1-2 parchment paper covered baking sheets, pour beef broth to cover the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Optional: Sprinkle with extra parsely.
- Pour beef broth onto bottom of baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven, transfer meatballs to a clean parchment paper covered baking sheet and place in freezer for 1 hour to harden before transfering to a freezer safe bag.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I earn a few a few cents from the sale. I appreciate your support of Salty Canary. Thank you!