I love both peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches, so I thought I would mash them together to create the ultimate Peanut Butter & Jelly Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Grilled Cheese Sandwich
To make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Grilled Cheese Sandwich, or PBJGCS if you will, you need to have a good combination of bread, butter, cheese, and jelly!
I went with a cinnamon raisin bread and unsalted sweet butter to keep it on the sweeter side!
Next, I chose my jelly and cheese.
I decided to go with apricot preserves and brie. Apricot and brie go great together as does brie with peanut butter.
The full printable recipe is below, but you’ll need a few ingredients.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Peanut Butter
- Apricot Preserves
- Brie Cheese
- Sweet Butter
You can also use almond butter in place of the peanut butter in this recipe! Or a sweet wheat bread instead of the cinnamon raisin bread!
Other combination ideas?
- Brioche bread with mascarpone cheese, peanut butter, and strawberry preserves.
- Sourdough bread with cheddar cheese, peanut butter, and blackberry or blueberry preserves.
A PBJCG might not be for everyone, but if you’re adventurous, I dare you to try it!
- 2 Slices Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter)
- 2 Tbsp Apricot Preserves
- 3-4 Slices Brie Cheese
- Start by spreading your peanut butter on one side bread and spread the jelly on the other.
- Top the jelly bread with thin slices of brie cheese.
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add the jelly and brie slice of bread to the skillet (with jelly/brie side up). Top it with the peanut butter slice (with the peanut butter side down).
- Once the first side is grilled to a medium brown, remove the sandwich, add the other Tbsp of butter to the skillet, and flip the sandwich to grill the other side until brown.
And be sure to come back and let me know if you like it!