Next, I chose a jelly and a cheese. I decided to go with apricot preserves and brie. Apricot and brie go great together as does brie with peanut butter. And then to mix it up a bit, I went with cinnamon raisin bread and unsalted sweet butter to keep it on the sweeter side. Here’s the full recipe:
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 Tbsp of Peter Pan's Simply Ground Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp of apricot preserves
- 3-4 thins slices of brie cheese
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted sweet butter
- Start by spreading your peanut butter on one side of the bread, then the jelly on the other. Top the jelly side with the slices of brie.
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add the jelly and brie slice of bread to the skillet, jelly and brie side up. Then place the peanut butter slice on top of the jelly/brie slice, with the peanut butter side down.
- Once the one side is grilled to a medium brown, remove the sandwich, add the other 1 Tbsp of butter and flip the sandwich to grill the other side until brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
A PBJCG might not be for everyone, but if you’re adventurous, I dare you to try it!
And be sure to come back and let me know if you like it!