I love stove-popped popcorn. I think it’s because I love salty snacks and popcorn is such a great, easy-to-make snack that doesn’t have a ton of calories and totally satisfies my salt tooth. Salt Tooth? Can we make that a phrase? Anyhow, I don’t eat popcorn with butter, usually just with salt, but my new favorite topping is Sriracha Ranch!
- ½ cup Unpopped Popcorn (yields about 12 cups popped popcorn)
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (or enough vegetable oil to lightly cover the bottom of your pot)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Dry Ranch Mix
- Pinch Salt
- Pop your popcorn on the stovetop: I add the vegetable oil to the bottom of the bottom, add 3 kernels, and once those three have popped, I add the rest of the unpopped kernels and continuously stir or shake the pop to prevent burning until popping slows down.
- While waiting for the popping to start, mix together your olive oil, Sriracha, and ranch mix in a small bowl.
- Add your popped popcorn to a bowl, lightly drizzle a couple spoonfuls of olive oil/Sriracha mix over the popcorn and carefully mix.
- Continue until you run out of Sriracha mix.
- Lightly salt.
Note: this blog post is NOT sponsored by Huy Fong Foods, the makers of Sriracha. I’m simply a fan of the Sriracha sauce (in limited amounts) and wanted to add a kick to my popcorn and I thought you might like the recipe, too!