With the Oscars only a little more than a week away, are you ready to throw an award-worthy Oscar party? I’ve got 5 tips below to help you prepare:1. Set the Mood: Are you tired of all the black/white/red/gold parties? I am. They feel dated and … well, obvious. So I decided to shake it up with a pink (of course!), orange, and gold themed party! I know, obvious for me. But no red carpet, no film reels, but a lot of fresh colors and fun!You can also set the mood with a dress code: have your guests dress in costume, dress to the nines, or wear pajamas! I love the idea of a costume party! Who would you dress up as for this years Oscars?
And any award-worthy Oscar party will have popcorn, or better yet, a popcorn bar! You can check out a few of my Popcorn Toppings recipes including Chocolate Peanut Butter, S’mores Popcorn, and Garlic Parmesan! And I created a new one: Fancy White Chocolate! What makes it fancy? The sprinkles!
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup corn syrup
- salt to taste
- sprinkles of choice
- Pop popcorn and transfer half to bowl.
- Melt and mix sugar, white chocolate chips, and corn syrup over low heat on stove.
- Once mixed, drop a few spoonfuls over popcorn, add sprinkles, and mix. Repeat.
- Add other half of popcorn to bowl.
- Repeat step 3.
- Salt to taste.
3. Cocktails: I decided to keep the cocktails simple with some bubbly. But I couldn’t just put a bottle of bubbly in an ice bucket – no, it had to be glitter bubbly!4. Comfy Seating: Make sure you have enough seating. Only have a couch and some chairs? Add some floor pillows and blankets.
5. Games and Entertainment: I know the Oscars themselves can be entertaining (with a good host), but sometimes it’s more fun with games! I LOVE a good game of Bingo! I’m competitive so a bingo game keeps me watching the show when I really just want to eat and chat with friends. If you’re hosting, you can giveaway a bottle of champagne to the first guest who yells BINGO!
But my favorite is a ballot! You can either have guests “buy-in” when they arrive and the winner with the most correct guesses wins the grand prize at the end of the night, or you can host the prize and giveaway a gift card for movie tickets!