Yes! Edible cookie dough, chocolate chip cookies, all in a milkshake! Enough said. This milkshake doesn’t taste like a chocolate chip cookie, it tastes like Chocolate Chip COOKIE DOUGH!! But it’s edible cookie dough, meaning no eggs, meaning no risk of Salmonella, meaning guilt-free! The milkshake is a vanilla ice cream base milkshake with a cup of edible chocolate chip cookie dough, the rim is covered with cookie dough (Yes! Yes! Yes!), then rolled in chocolate chip cookies, topped with whipped cream, MORE cookie dough and a whole chocolate chip cookie on top! And it is so fucking good! The milkshake is so thick and creamy and heavenly!I’m not even going to waste any time with small talk, just giving you the recipe here:
- 1.25 cups of milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup cookie dough (see below)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- ½ cup cookie dough for rim garnish
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips for rim garnish
- 1 chocolate chip cookie per glass per garnish
- Cookie Dough:
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1¼ cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour, sifted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chip cookies
- Start by making your cookie dough. Combine the shortening with the sugars and salt and mix in your stand mixer. Then mix in your milk and vanilla, and then slowly add the flour. Once combined, if too dry, add in your 2 Tbsp of water, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Next, add your cookie dough (minus chocolate chips) to the rims of your glasses and then immediately roll in chocolate chips and place in the freezer to harden.
- Next, make your milkshake. Combine milk, ice cream, 1 cup of cookie dough, and ½ cup of chocolate chips in your blender and blend.
- Pour milkshake into each glass, top with an extra spoonful of cookie dough (with chocolate chips), add whipped cream, and a cookie on top.
Are you looking forward to Superbowl Sunday coming up in a couple of weeks? Well I’ve rounded up 5 awesome DIYs, recipes, and all-around fun stuffs to get you prepared for your Superbowl party!
My Friday Five:
And a couple more in case you missed Monday’s post with my Super Bowl DIY Astroturf Yardline Bunting and some other DIYs and simple recipes:
I can’t believe January is already almost over, but I’ll be back in February on Fridays with 4 themed recipes. Maybe something for Valentine’s Day? The Oscars? Leap Year? I don’t know. I’m still deciding … I’m taking requests in the comments!