I shared a photo of these cereal milk milkshakes on my Instagram a few weeks ago, but this is one of my favorite milkshakes, so I thought I would add the recipe here on the blog since I’m going to be making it for a few friends later tonight! I totally forgot that fruity cereal smells so fucking good! I swear it smells like unicorn farts, which I would think smell delicious!
But seriously, I’m not a big fan of cereal – I never liked how milk would make it soggy – but the taste of cereal milk is awesome and it’s pretty awesome in this milkshake! I was inspired by rice krispies treats, so I coated the rims of the glasses in marshmallow fluff then rolled them in fruity cereal. You can roll the rims in whichever cereal you like! I then took a rice krispies treat and coated the top of it in more marshmallow fluff and more cereal, stuck it on a skewer, and stuck it in the glass. The recipe for the milkshake itself is below.
- 4 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups of milk - more than usual because a lot will get soaked up by the cereal.
- 2 cups of Fruit Loops, divided - same some for the top!
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles
- Rice Krispy treats
- 3/4 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- Start by soaking your cereal in the milk. Combine the 2 cups milk and 1.5 cups of the Fruit Loops in a bowl and let them soak in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- As the cereal soaks, spread marshmallow fluff on the rims of the glasses and immediately roll them in Fruity Pebbles.
- Next, take your rice krispies treats and skewer them. Then add more marshmallow fluff to the tops and roll them in Fruity Pebbles.
- If you're going to make your own whipped cream, do so now.
- When your cereal is done soaking, strain it through a colander and REMEMBER TO SAVE THE MILK! Then combine your ice cream and your milk in your blender and blend on medium.
- Pour the milkshake into each glass, top with whipped cream, and extra cereal as garnish.
- Don't forget your straw!