Yes! Edible cookie dough and chocolate chip cookies, all in a milkshake! Enough said. Ok, well, not quite “enough said” because I’m going to say a bit more. This milkshake doesn’t taste like a chocolate chip cookie, it tastes like Chocolate Chip COOKIE DOUGH which is even better! There’s cookie dough in the shake, cookie dough on the glass rim, and a cookie on top! This Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Milkshake is a delicious and over-the-top fun treat!
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Milkshake Recipe
Do you love cookie dough as much as I do? I mean, chocolate chip cookies are one thing, but the dough! Oh, the dough!! Seriously, homemade cookie dough or from a store-bought tube, it is SO good! One of life’s guilty pleasures! I often feel bad that I don’t bake the cookies, but why should I feel bad when the dough is so delicious?
The milkshake is a vanilla ice cream base with edible chocolate chip cookie dough blended in. It’s edible cookie dough, meaning no eggs, meaning no risk of Salmonella, meaning guilt-free! Well, not entirely guilt-free, but if it’s a cheat day, then you won’t feel as guilty!
And if you’re worried about the flour (due to that E.Coli in the flour outbreak a few years ago), you can pasteurize your flour by heating it to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. You can do this in the microwave, by heating the flour for 1 minute 15 seconds and stirring every 30 seconds. Please note that this does destroy the gluten in the flour, so it can’t then be used for baking.
Plus, the rim is covered with cookie dough (Yes! Yes! Yes!), then rolled in chocolate chip cookies, and it’s topped with whipped cream, MORE cookie dough, and a whole chocolate chip cookie!
And it is so fucking good! The milkshake is thick, creamy, heavenly!
I made my milkshake using homemade edible cookie dough (recipe below) and a homemade chocolate chip cookie, but if you want to use store-bought (even though it says not to eat the raw dough), I won’t judge you!
The full printable recipe is below, but here’s a list of ingredients.
For the Milkshake:
Vanilla ice cream
Cookie dough (see separate ingredients below if making homemade edible cookie dough)
Chocolate chip cookie
For the Cookie Dough:
Milk chocolate chips
I use my Ninja blender for all my milkshakes! I can’t say enough good things about the blender! It’s not super cheap, but it won’t fall apart like some $20-30 brands (looking at you, Hamilton Beach). It also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg (like a Vitamix.) If you’re in need of a new blender, I definitely recommend the Ninja blender. My only tip is that even though the pitcher says it’s dishwasher safe, be sure to hand wash it. Our first one cracked in the dishwasher, but our replacement pitcher has been going strong for 3-4 years now.
- For the Milkshake:
- 1.25 cups of milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup cookie dough (see separate ingredients below)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- 1/2 cup cookie dough (see separate ingredients below) for rim garnish
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips for rim garnish
- 1 chocolate chip cookie per glass per garnish
- For the Cookie Dough:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Start by making your cookie dough. Combine the shortening with the sugars and salt and mix in your stand mixer. Then mix in your milk and vanilla, and then slowly add the flour. Once combined, if too dry, add in your 2 Tbsp of water, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Next, add your cookie dough (minus chocolate chips) to the rims of your glasses and then immediately roll in chocolate chips and place in the freezer to harden.
- Next, make your milkshake. Combine milk, ice cream, 1 cup of cookie dough, and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in your blender and blend.
- Pour milkshake into each glass, top with an extra spoonful of cookie dough (with chocolate chips), add whipped cream, and a cookie on top.