Yes! Edible cookie dough, chocolate chip cookies, all in a milkshake! Enough said.
Ok, well, not quite “enough said” because I’m going to say a bit more. This milkshake doesn’t taste like a chocolate chip cookie, it tastes like Chocolate Chip COOKIE DOUGH!
Do you love cookie dough as much as I do? I mean, chocolate chip cookies are one thing, but the dough! Oh, the dough!! Seriously, homemade cookie dough or from a store-bought tube, it is SO good! One of life’s guilty pleasures! I often feel bad that I don’t bake the cookies, but why should I feel bad when the dough is so delicious?
The milkshake is a vanilla ice cream base with edible chocolate chip cookie dough blended in. It’s an edible cookie dough, meaning no eggs, meaning no risk of Salmonella, meaning guilt-free! Well, not entirely guilt-free, but if it’s a cheat day, then you won’t feel as guilty!
Plus, the rim is covered with cookie dough (Yes! Yes! Yes!), then rolled in chocolate chip cookies, and it’s topped with whipped cream, MORE cookie dough, and a whole chocolate chip cookie! And it is so fucking good! The milkshake is thick, creamy, heavenly!
Here’s the recipe:
- For the Milkshake:
- 1.25 cups of milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup cookie dough (see separate ingredients below)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- ½ cup cookie dough (see separate ingredients below) for rim garnish
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips for rim garnish
- 1 chocolate chip cookie per glass per garnish
- For the Cookie Dough:
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1¼ cups packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour, sifted
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Start by making your cookie dough. Combine the shortening with the sugars and salt and mix in your stand mixer. Then mix in your milk and vanilla, and then slowly add the flour. Once combined, if too dry, add in your 2 Tbsp of water, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Next, add your cookie dough (minus chocolate chips) to the rims of your glasses and then immediately roll in chocolate chips and place in the freezer to harden.
- Next, make your milkshake. Combine milk, ice cream, 1 cup of cookie dough, and ½ cup of chocolate chips in your blender and blend.
- Pour milkshake into each glass, top with an extra spoonful of cookie dough (with chocolate chips), add whipped cream, and a cookie on top.