I’ve made a lot of over-the-top milkshakes the past few years, but this one totally takes the cake! It’s a chocolate Hostess Cupcake Milkshake made with a Hostess Cupcake and topped with a Hostess Cupcake Milkshake with the straw going straight through it!
Hostess Cupcake Milkshake Recipe
These over-the-top milkshakes or freakshakes are so easy to make at home and cost a lot less than the ones you see on Instagram at all the fancy restaurants! Just a few simple ingredients and some extra decorating and you can impress your friends and family with their own freakshakes for less than the cost of one at a restaurant!
A full printable recipe is below, but the quick how-to is that you simply combine chocolate ice cream, milk, and a Hostess Cupcake Milkshake and blend. That’s it! You may need to use more or less milk than the recipe to get your desired milkshake consistency, but that’s up to you! Then decorate your glasses with chocolate frosting, swirled vanilla frosting, chocolate sauce drizzled inside the glass, pour your milkshake, top with a Hostess Cupcake Milkshake, and stick a straw through it!
I use my Ninja blender for all my milkshakes! I can’t say enough good things about the blender! It’s not super cheap and won’t fall apart like some $20-30 brands like Hamilton Beach, but it also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg like a Vitamix. If you’re in need of a new blender, I definitely recommend this one. My only tip is that even though the pitcher says it’s dishwasher safe, be sure to hand wash it. Our first one cracked in the dishwasher, but our replacement pitcher has been going strong for 2-3 years now.
- 1.25 cups of milk
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream
- 6 Hostess Cupcakes, divided, save 3 to top the milkshakes
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- chocolate syrup
- Start with the rim of your glass and cover it with chocolate frosting.
- Next, place some vanilla frosting into a sandwich bag (or use a pastry bag) slice off a small part of one bottom corner and use it as a pastry bag to add vanilla swirls around your glass.
- In a mixer, blend together chocolate ice cream, milk, and 3 Hostess Cupcakes.
- Swirl some chocolate syrup into your glass.
- Pour milkshake into the glass and top it with ANOTHER Cupcake that fits PERFECTLY right on top!
- Stick a straw straight through the cupcake and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I earn a few a few cents from the sale. I appreciate your support of Salty Canary. Thank you!
I’ll be sharing more of my Hostess Snack Cake Milkshakes soon including a Twinkie Milkshake, Sno Ball Milkshake, Donette Milkshake, and Ho Ho Milkshake!
If you love this milkshake, be sure to check out some of my other over-the-top milkshakes: