This pink Radish Relish Recipe is bright and bold in both color and flavor! A little bit sweet and a little bit spicy, it’s made with crunchy radishes and onions, pickled jalapenos, and a blend of spices. Use this relish atop hot dogs and hamburgers, add to omelets or frittatas, or mix with sour cream or a soft cheese to use as a dip for crackers, bread, or vegetable sticks!
Radish Relish Recipe
I made this radish relish recipe for my father-in-law’s birthday! He absolutely LOVES radishes! He oddly eats raw radishes as a snack before he goes to bed. I’m not kidding. He also loves eating hot dogs, bratwurst, and sausages, so I whipped up this radish relish for all his grilled meats this summer!
I love the color of this pink radish relish! The dark pink color comes from the radish skins and the red onion. It isn’t bright pink right away, but once you boil the mixture on the stove, the color from the radish skins really bleeds through and comes out!
The full printable recipe is below, but here is a list of all the needed ingredients:
- red onion
- pickled jalapeno
- apple cider vinegar and/or white wine vinegar – I used half apple cider vinegar and half white wine vinegar, but you can use only one or the other depending on what you have in stock in your pantry
- yellow mustard seeds
- celery seed
- garlic – I often use the frozen cubes, but if you have fresh cloves, use them!
I made this relish using my Ninja blender which was fine, but I think it would have come out even better had I used a food processor to finely dice the radishes, onion, and jalapenos. The blender chopped everything at the bottom of the blender pitcher into finer pieces but left larger pieces at the top of the blender whereas I think a food processor would have diced everything a bit more uniformly.
If you’re in the market for a new blender, I highly recommend the Ninja blender. I use it for everything (even when I should maybe use a food processor instead – like with this relish!) If you’ve been around my blog before, then you know I love this blender for everything from muffins to milkshakes! It’s not a cheap blender that is going to fall apart after 2-3 uses, but it’s also not a $500 blender that makes soup and costs an arm and a leg. I like it, so if you’re looking for a new blender, I definitely recommend the Ninja.
Look at that dark pink color! Beautiful! I love that the little bits of green jalapeno add a bit of color and heat and the yellow mustard seeds add texture and incredible flavor!
And it tastes great on a hot dog! I made these gourmet grilled hot dogs topped with arugula, mustard, honey mustard, and this bright pink radish relish and they were so good!
Radish Relish Recipe
- 3 cups radishes, stemmed, scrubbed, sliced
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 TBSP pickled jalapeno, deseeded
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar and/or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 TBSP yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- Process the stemmed, scrubbed, and sliced radishes, quartered red onion, and deseeded jalapeno in a blender or food processor until finely chopped.
- Add chopped radish mixture, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, mustard seeds, celery seeds, and dill weed to a stockpot and bring to a boil over medium heat on the stove, stirring occasionally for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and store in an airtight jar in the fridge.
Looking for more dressings, dips, or garnishes? Check out my other recipes: