This Butter Pecan Milkshake is the perfect dessert to celebrate Thanksgiving and the fall season. Made with butter pecan ice cream and decorated with adorably little homemade acorns, this milkshake will be a holiday hit if you live in a warmer climate like California, Arizona, Texas, Florida, etc.!
Butter Pecan Milkshake for Thanksgiving
Since it’s still 80 degrees and feeling like summer here in Los Angeles, we might be drinking these for Thanksgiving dessert instead of the normal pumpkin pie! Plus, my kids will love the acorn cookies!
How cute are these little acorns? The acorn cookies are a bit harder to make than they look, especially with the pretzel stem sticking out since the pretzels don’t really fit between the Nutter Butter halves, so I just used a dab of melted chocolate and sort of “glued” them into place. If you want to make these for Thanksgiving dessert (or this weekend), the full printable recipe is below, but here is the list of ingredients:
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Optional: Bourbon to make adult milkshakes
Homemade Whipped Cream:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
Acorn Cookies and Decorations:
- Chocolate Frosting
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Sprinkles
I have a really small family, so I’ve never really NEEDED any booze to get through a family holiday, but I’m sure some people do! So if you need to add a little bourbon to these milkshakes and make them boozy, go for it!
And if you don’t like pecans, or if you’re allergic to them, but still want to do milkshakes as a Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving dessert, I’ve also got the recipe for these adorable Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes with mini pumpkin pies on top!
Here’s the full recipe:
- 1.25 cups milk
- 4 cups butter pecan ice cream
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- 6 Nutter Butter cookies, cut in half
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 6-8 pretzels sticks
- caramel sauce
- optional: 3 shots of bourbon
- Whipped cream:
- heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- First, make your Nutter Butter acorns. Dip the cut half of each Nutter Butter cookie in melted chocolate, then immediately coat in chocolate sprinkles. Use a bit of melted chocolate to attached a small piece of pretzel to the top as the stem.
- Next, make your whipped cream. Stick your bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes, then remove and add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1 Tbsp sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla. Whip on medium-high in your stand mixer until peaks forms. Add your whipped cream to a pastry bag outfitted with a fancy tip.
- Then garnish your glasses. Use a knife to add chocolate frosting to the rim of each glass, then press 3 acorns into the frosting on each glass and add some chocolate sprinkles. Chill the glasses in the freezer while you make your milkshakes. Next, top 3 skewer sticks with acorn cookies to stick on top.
- To make your milkshake, blend your milk and butter pecan ice cream in a blender. If you're making it boozy, add 3 shots of bourbon. Then pour your milkshake, top with whipped cream, add a straw and your acorn on a stick. Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve!
Looking for more Thanksgiving inspiration? Check these out: