This Donut Milkshake is a vanilla ice cream milkshake that is blended with donuts and served in a glass coated with sprinkles and then topped with donuts, donuts, and more donuts to make an over-the-top treat! It’s a Donut Freakshake!
Over-the-Top Donut Milkshakes
Well, you knew it was going to happen! I make donuts and I make milkshakes, so why not make an over-the-top, absolutely decadent, and delicious Over-the-Top Donut Milkshake? Yes, that’s a milkshake blended with donuts. Then topped with two full-sized donuts, donut holes, and mini donuts!
Please do not eat one by yourself, but instead, just share one. With a group. With a group of many, many people.
I made this Donut Milkshake using my Ninja blender which I use for all my milkshakes, cocktails, and even batters for baking! I can’t say enough good things about the blender! It’s not super cheap and won’t fall apart like some $20-30 brands like Hamilton Beach, but it also doesn’t cost an arm and a leg like a Vitamix.
So, if you’re in need of a new blender, I definitely recommend the Ninja blender. My only bit of advice is that even though the pitcher states that it is dishwasher safe, be sure to wash it by hand. Our first one cracked in the dishwasher, but our replacement pitcher has been going strong for 2-3 years now.
- 1.25 cups of milk
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 vanilla cake donuts (with sprinkles!)
- 1/2 cup frosting
- whipped cream (recipe below)
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles for rim garnish
- ⅓ cup vanilla frosting for rim garnish
- 2 glazed donuts per glass for garnish
- 1 skewer topped with 3 small glazed donuts and 2-3 donut holes per glass for garnish
- optional: chocolate sauce
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by making your whipped cream. Put your stand mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before combing the heavy whipping, granulated sugar, and vanilla and mixing on medium until thick peaks form.
- Next, garnish the rims of your glasses by covering them in vanilla frosting and then immediately rolling in rainbow sprinkles. Then place the glasses in the freezer to set.
- Next, make your milkshake. Combine milk, ice cream, 2 vanilla cake donuts, and ½ cup of vanilla frosting in your blender and blend.
- Pour milkshake into each glass, top with two full-sized donuts, add your skewer of small donuts and donut holes, stick in the straw, add whipped cream, more sprinkles, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- Share the milkshake with someone and enjoy!
Or if you don’t like donuts (What? Who doesn’t like donuts?), try one of my other milkshake recipes: