This post has been sponsored by Del Monte®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Don’t you love those “What’s in My Purse?” magazine articles? I do, too! And today, I wanted to share a “What’s in My Twins’ Diaper Bag” post because I’ve finally perfected the twins’ diaper bag!
As a twin mama, I need double the diapers, wipes, change of clothes, sippy cups, and most importantly: double the snacks! I don’t know why it’s called a diaper bag; we should just call it what it is: a snack bag. I keep mine stocked with Del Monte® 100% Juice Diced Peaches Plastic Fruit Cup® Snacks for the twins and Del Monte® Fruit & Oats™ for me!
With Del Monte® 100% Juice Diced Peaches Plastic Fruit Cup® Snacks, I love that I can give my kids a nutritious serving of fruit while on the go! And the goodness of Del Monte® Fruit Cup snacks gets even better—their Diced Peaches are now packed in 100% juice with 25% less sugar than the national leading brand.** Their sun-ripened, non-GMO peaches are picked at the peak of ripeness and packed in 100% juice in a convenient, 4-ounce, non-BPA intent cup. And with Del Monte® Fruit & Oats™ Strawberry Apple flavor, I can eat oatmeal while on the go! Del Monte® Fruit & Oats™ are the first ready-to-eat oatmeal with one full serving of fruit*, 20g of whole grain oats, and are delicious hot or cold! They’re great for a breakfast snack at the park!
It only took me 3 different bags and 18 months, but I feel like I now have a very well organized bag that holds almost everything I could need for the twins in any given situation. Here’s what I keep in my bag:
- Diapers and Wipes: Ok, all joking aside about the snacks, yes, it is a diaper bag, so it’s stocked with diapers and wipes! I try to keep 6 diapers in the bag at a time, which usually covers us for 2-3 outings before I have to restock. I also just keep a full-size container of wipes (no small diaper bag packages for me) because I’m always using them to clean something!
- Change of Clothes: I keep 1 change of clothes (tee shirt and light pants) per twin in the bag in case they decide to have fun and get wet, dirty, muddy, etc. or in case of a diaper blowout. I used to keep an extra shirt for me in case of any accidental spills or someone wiping something on me, but now I just keep that in the back of my car.
- Water: I keep two sippy cups filled with water for the twins as well as a small water bottle for me.
- Snacks: I love keeping Del Monte® 100% Juice Diced Peaches Plastic Fruit Cup® Snacks and Del Monte® Fruit & Oats™ stocked in my pantry! Because they don’t need to be refrigerated, they’re perfect for grab-and-go snacks! The rule in my house is that we use any fresh fruit or perishable foods first before we dip into our pantry foods. However, if we’ve decided to venture out on a last-minute trip and I need to grab snacks as we’re walking out the door, Del Monte® Fruit Cup® Snacks and Del Monte® Fruit & OatsTM are the perfect snacks to toss into the diaper bag!
- Wet Bag: I keep an empty wet bag on hand to store any wet clothes so they make it home and into the washing machine without getting anything else wet.
- Hand Sanitizer, Sunscreen, & Bug Repellant Wipes: Hand sanitizer for when we can’t find a sink to wash hands, sunscreen for both the kids and the adults, and bug repellant wipes in case we’re somewhere with a bunch of mosquitos!
- Toddler Busy Bag: I keep a flat little bag filled with inexpensive toys, stickers, and gadgets (like cheap calculators or flat flashlights) to keep the twins entertained at restaurants.
- Pacifiers on Clips: The twins usually only get their pacifiers at nap time or bedtime, but I keep a couple on hand on clips in the diaper bag in case we’re out and someone is getting tired and fussy.
- My Stuff: In the mom pocket, I keep some roll-on perfume (for those days when I’ve run after twin toddlers and need to freshen up), a bit of extra cash, a mini first aid kit, and adult pain relief.
- Additional Add-ins: I don’t keep sunglasses, sun hats, toddler forks, suction bowls, and bibs in the bag at all times. Instead, I will grab them depending on where we’re going and if they’re needed.
Thanks to Del Monte for sponsoring this post and helping me keep my diaper bag stocked with delicious fruit cup and fruit and oat snacks! Visit www.delmonte.com to learn more and download coupons.
* Each container has 1 serving (1/2 cup) of fruit per USDA Nutrient Data.
**Contains 13g of sugar per serving compared to 18g of sugar per serving in the national leading brand.