Alright, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to tempt you from your 2016 resolutions, but you knew this was going to happen! It was only a matter of time before I posted a donut or a milkshake or something sinfully delicious! And it’s just going to keep happening … over-the-top cookie milkshakes all month long, every Friday! It’s an over-the-top twist on the regular cookies and milk! I’m starting this month out with Circus Cookie Milkshakes!
And every Friday I’ll also be including a link round-up of some of the best recipes, crafts, home decor ideas, and more that I came across during the week in order to spread the love around the interwebs a bit. But back to these cookies! I was inspired to make them by the Pantone 2016 Colors of the Year, Rose Quartz and Serenity. I LOVE them! (Of course I do.) I know the colors aren’t for everyone, but I am grateful for the change from last year’s Marsala. The Mother’s Circus Cookie bag just screams 2016 Pantone Colors of the Year. I mean, maybe that was Pantone’s inspiration? Just kidding. Anyhow, I hadn’t had a Circus Cookie in forever, so I bought a bag, and I had to use them in a recipe, so why not an over-the-top milkshake? It’s a milkshake with bits of cookie in it, plus pink frosting, topped with whipped cream, pink frosting, more cookies, and SPRINKLES!!! Ok, here’s the recipe!
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 cup cookies
- Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pink food coloring to make frosting pink
- Extra cookies
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Start by making your whipped cream. Put your bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes, then add the ingredients and whip on medium. Then add the whipped cream to a pastry bag with a fancy tip.
- Next, tint your frosting pink and add it to the rim of your glasses. Then put the glasses in the freezer while you make your milkshake.
- To make your milkshakes, add the milk, ice cream, and cookies to a blender and mix on high.
- When done, remove your glasses from the freezer and stick circus cookies to the frosting.
- Pour your milkshake, add straws, add the whipped cream, stick a couple of extra cookies on top, and finish with rainbow sprinkles!
I totally recommend making one of these tonight and then enjoying it while reading my favorite finds from around the blogs.
My Friday Five:
These GORGEOUS napkins! DIY ombre gold napkins perfect for your cocktail party!
I totally need this Cherry Sweatshirt from DLK! Check out the rest of the shop for fun, modern finds!
I want to have a High Five party just as an excuse to make these cookies!
Drake on Cake. Enough said.
Free Printable Ridiculous Holidays Calendar/Coloring Book!