I have a feeling that these two babies will be ringing in the new year while still inside my belly, so I won’t be doing much celebrating this year with champagne, but that doesn’t mean YOU can’t drink on New Years Eve, and, if you do, I’ve got a great recipe for breakfast on New Year’s Day: Hash Brown Breakfast Nachos! Simply swap out the traditional tortilla chips for hash brown patties to put an alternative twist on nachos and create the perfect hangover breakfast – great for soaking up that extra alcohol!
Plus, this is great if you’re serving a few overnight guests or if anyone crashed on your couch!
Here’s the recipe:
- 16-20 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 can black beans
- 4-5 slices bacon, crispy
- 2 green and/or red jalapenos, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jar sun-ripened tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 eggs, fried
- feta cheese, cilantro, lime wedges as garnish
- optional: sour cream for dipping
- Slice 16-20 frozen hash brown patties in half, then heat according to the manufacturer instructions.
- When heated, arrange in a skillet over low-heat on the stove to keep warm.
- Top the hash browns with black beans, crispy bacon, sliced green and red jalapenos, diced tomatoes, sun ripened tomatoes, and avocado slices.
- Finish with 3 fried eggs and crumbled feta cheese and a garnish of cilantro and lime wedges.
- Serve with sour cream for dipping.
Of course, you can always change out some of ingredients to better fit your tastebuds. Add sausage instead of black beans. Top with mozzarella cheese instead of feta. If you like spicy, serve with a sriracha sour cream sauce for dipping! It’s all up to you!