This Halloween Monster Popcorn is super simple and easy to make, tastes a bit like candy corn popcorn, and is really fun! Plus, it’s the perfect treat to snack on when passing out candy to trick-or-treaters or watching scary movies!
Halloween Monster Popcorn
Last year, I designed a Monster Mash Bash party for Halloween and included this Halloween Monster Popcorn on the table, but I totally forgot to share the recipe, so I’ve got it for you today!
I went with green monster coloring, but you can do purple, orange and purple, blue, pink, etc. It’s your choice!
I don’t even know if you really need a formal recipe, but there’s a printable version below in case you need it.
Halloween Monster Popcorn Ingredients:
- popcorn kernels – I prefer white popcorn
- vegetable oil or canola oil
- candy melts in your color of choice
- eyeball sprinkles
I love how the eyes on top of the popped popcorn makes it looks like screaming monsters!
How to Make Halloween Monster Popcorn:
First, make your popcorn. I like to make mine on the stovetop using a Whirley Pop. Pour it into a large mixing bowl, add some salt, and set aside.
Melt some Candy Melts in the color of your choice (I like the vibrant green) by following the manufacturer’s directions.
Pour the melted candy melts into the bowl atop the popcorn and mix well.
Next, immediately pour the popcorn onto a baking sheet lined in parchment paper and top with fun, colorful sprinkles and, of course, eyeball sprinkles (which you can usually find at the grocery store or right here!)
You can also throw in a few eyeball gummies if you like that sort of sweet candy and salty popcorn combo.
This Halloween Monster Popcorn takes about 10-15 minutes to make and would also be great for a Halloween movie night if you’re staying in and getting cozy!
Looking for other popcorn recipes? Try these:
Here’s the full, printable recipe:
Halloween Monster Popcorn
- 1 cup white popcorn kernels
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 package Candy Melts in your color of choice
- Eyeball Sprinkles
- If popping popcorn on the stove using a Whirley-Pop, add your vegetable oil to the bottom of the pan along with 3 popcorn kernels and heat over medium heat. After hearing the 3 kernels pop, add the 1 cup of popcorn kernels.
- Continuously turn the Whirley-Pop arm to keep the popcorn from burning. Once popping slows to an almost stop, turn off the heat and remove the popcorn popper from the stove.
- Pour popcorn into a bowl and add salt.
- Melt your Candy Melts according to manufacturer's instructions. (I usually do mine in the microwave.)
- Once Candy Melts are melted, add to the popcorn in the bowl and mix to combine.
- Immediately pour candy melted popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and top with colorful sprinkles and eyeball sprinkles.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission at NO additional cost to you. It just means I made it easier for you to find something, so I earn a few a few cents from the sale. I appreciate your support of Salty Canary. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
All information presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on saltycanary.com is provided as a courtesy, is an estimate only, and should only be used as a general guideline.
Tuesday 31st of October 2017
Ah this is so cute! I love that the popcorn really looks like creepy screaming faces once you add the eyes.
Thursday 9th of November 2017
Yes!! I was hoping someone else would see the screaming, creepy faces, too! Thank you!